We have venue guidance and procedures in place to ensure the safety of candidates, examiners and teachers. It is essential that you read and understand this guidance before you consider booking a diploma exam.
It may not be possible for diploma exams to take place in the same public venues as previously.
Please indicate your preferred venue on your entry form and we do all we can to accommodate this request.
If diploma exams are not running in your preferred venue, your entry will be moved to an alternative venue.
We are also able to offer Diploma Visits for all candidates during published exam sessions. Exams can be held at premises (a school, teaching studio, home, etc.) provided by the person making the booking and we will provide an examiner to visit. These can be requested by anyone who meets the minimum amount of required examining time. Please liaise with your Local Representative to find out the minimum amount of examining required for a private visit in your area.
We will try to honour the Private Visit date you have requested. If this is not possible, the Local Representative will liaise with you directly to find another date that suits.
We have venue guidance and procedures in place to ensure the safety of candidates, examiners and teachers. The guidance explains what you will need to do to make sure your venue is suitable and safe, and that effective social distancing can take place. It is essential that you read and understand this guidance before you consider booking a Private Visit.
Anyone organising a Private Visit accepts responsibility for providing facilities according to our instructions and for the appropriate conduct of the exam. Visit Organisers are advised to carry out a risk assessment. (Risk assessments do not need to be sent to ABRSM)
Instructions for Booking
We do not accept paper entries for diploma exams sent to our London office. Any paper entries received, will be securely destroyed. Please follow the instructions below to make your entry.
- Check exam dates, booking periods and fees.
- Ensure you have read our Instructions for Completing Diploma Exams.
- Download the entry forms here. Use the editable form to fill these in and save them to your device. Alternatively, print and fill in the entry form, before scanning them back onto your device.
- When you are ready to submit your Diploma entries, please contact your local representative who will advise on the best way to do this. Ensure that all supporting documentation and payment is sent to the Local Representative.
Where there is no local representative, please contact ABRSM at [email protected]
- We aim to give at least four weeks’ notice of exam appointments.
- If you send a paper entry to our office, we will destroy it securely to protect your personal information.